Browns Lane Pre-School is situated in a quiet lane in the heart of Storrington, West Sussex. It is within easy reach of the surrounding villages including Ashington, Cootham, Pulborough, Steyning, Sullington, Thakeham, Washington and West Chiltington.
We are not just a play school, we are a pre-school and aim to prepare your child for the day when they move on to primary school.
Our Hopes and Aims for your Child
- We aim to provide a happy, friendly, SAFE and stimulating environment for your child.
- We aim to help the children develop social skills, achieve good standards of behaviour, manners and communication skills.
- We aim to involve parents/carers and other interested adults at whatever level of commitment is appropriate.
- We aim to offer a balanced curriculum to ensure that all children make good progress throughout the Early Years Foundation Stage and welfare requirements.
- We aim to teach respect for our environment, for property, animals and each other.
- We aim to offer all staff opportunities to continue to develop their knowledge and understanding of Early Years Education.
- We aim to help the children build self confidence, allowing them to develop independence and decision making at their own pace.
- Browns Lane Pre-School will pursue a policy of Equal Opportunities by encouraging a positive environment valuing all children and parents, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, family situation or disability.